Active Programs in Our Community
Friendship House Adult Autism Day Program. In the past, Post 21 Club collaborated with the North Jersey Friendship House to create an Adult Autism Day program now located at 540 Farview Ave. in Paramus, NJ. The Program is DDD-certified and strives to accept nearly all graduates from pre-21 Autism programs after they age out of the special education entitlement.
- utilizes Self-Directed funds from the New Jersey DDD, but will be gradually transitioning to the new “fee-for-service” model which is gradually being phased in, in 2017.
- helps to develop an individual’s skills for better integration and functioning with society
- assists with the development to Independent and Assisted Daily Living skills
- works with and prepares participants for work situations in the Community
- seeks out local business and institutional establishments for volunteering situations only.
This program helps to AVOID REGRESSION of hard-earned skills gained in Special Education. The Program Operator will also interview applicants who have progressed beyond age 21 who are in need of this service. If you have an adult child with Autism, or know of someone with this condition, living in Bergen, Passaic, or Hudson Counties in NJ, contact Amanda Heuting at firstname.lastname@example.org