- Spring 2017 onward: Post 21 Club is committing to a revamp of its own website, beginning with the update of content, to an eventual total makeover. Stay tuned and visit often!
- January 2017: Post 21 Club bids a fond fairwell to Trustee Robert Prine, moving to sunny Florida, and welcomes newcomer Trustee Jacki Saltzman!
- Winter 2016 – Spring 2017: Post 21 Club is collaborating with a pioneering new company that specializes in identifying strengths in individuals on the Spectrum, and providing training and possible high-grade employment, in expanding from Morris County into Bergen County.
- Winter 2016 Post 21 Club has completed a period of soul-searching! We’ve grown up and we know what we are doing now (collaboration, grants, and hands-on “market research”!
- On April 19th, 2017, from 6:30 pm-8:30 pm, Margaret Gilbride, JD, CT, Instructor of Pediatrics, is Director of Transition, Employment, and Aging & Disability at The Boggs Center on Developmental Disabilities, will be speaking on the employment of individuals on the Spectrum.
Ms. Gilbride graduated from Indiana University School of Law and is a certified Thanatologist through the Association of Death Education and Counseling. She has been an Interfaith Chaplin Intern at Overlook Medical Center and is now a member of its bioethics committee representing the interests of persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Additionally, Ms. Gilbride serves on a national committee, Educating Hospital and Hospice Providers on Healthcare Decision-making for People with Disabilities, the national board of directors for APSE: The Association of Persons Supporting EmploymentFirst, and the New Jersey board of directors for the state’s chapter.Prior to joining The Boggs Center, Ms. Gilbride worked as an Administrator, Research Associate, and Project Coordinator at the Indiana Institute on Disability and Community (IIDC) where she provided direct technical assistance on topics such as program evaluation, strategic planning, staff development, and issue-specific workshops and group facilitation to schools, provider organizations, governmental agencies, businesses, family groups, and advocacy organizations.
In addition to her responsibilities at IIDC, Ms. Gilbride has held positions as Job Coach, Program Manager, Director, Chief Operating Officer, and Executive Director. She is also a regular presenter at national conferences.
The Boggs Center
Liberty Plaza, 335 George Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901